If you’re looking to make your home more unique this fall, then check out Sherwin Williams’s latest color of the month, Novel Lilac. If you need this paint color in your home, contact Alba Painting on Facebook or call us at 586-251-6563!
We pride ourselves that no matter how high the ceilings are or how big the room is we always have the solution. Over the years we have been challenged and never walked away from any job. This particular project we have been asked few times if we can do it. Long story short we just finished painting clients 40 thousand square feet business. We love the challenge, even Spider man would be proud to join our team 😉
We love getting feedback from our customers, especially when they provide the pictures and ask us to post them. We strive for the ultimate satisfaction on each and every project. This particular client was very particular on matching the color he saw. After second try we had a perfect match and rest is history and job well done. Give us a call and we guarantee that no matter the project it will be well done expediently.
The team at Alba Painting LLC recognizes that people want a higher air quality for their home’s interior. We specialize in interior painting and create beautiful spaces that are safe to breathe using low or non-VOC paint.
You may have heard of VOC’s before but are not sure what it means. We are providing this article today to teach you about VOCs and how to prevent them.
What are VOCs?
VOCs are Volatile Organic Compounds. These compounds vaporize easily at room temperature and turn into gas once evaporated. VOCs are commonly found in gas, perfume, wood, cleaning products, and paint. These compounds can have harmful effects on your health depending on how much is inhaled and how intense your exposure is.
Are all VOCs dangerous?
Many different sources emit VOCs; however, not all of them are harmful. Some sources are natural such as plants and animals, whereas the harmful sources are new cars, paints, cleaning products, computers, and more. If consumed in excessive amounts, these compounds can have serious health effects such as nausea, dizziness, headaches, and difficulty concentrating. If you follow the list below, you should be able to avoid these compounds.
How to prevent VOCs.
- Identify the source of the smell. If you have a good smell, check out some of the items in your home that give out a smell and identify them. An air quality testing professional can check your home if you are uncomfortable doing this.
- Choose VOC-free products. When you choose air fresheners, candles, perfumes, and cleaning products, go natural and organic to avoid products with VOCs.
- Go natural. Choose an organic material for your shower curtain and furniture when you are shopping. Going natural can reduce VOCs and allow for a cleaner breathing environment.
- Proper ventilation of your living spaces. It is essential to keep proper ventilation in your home. Keeping a few windows open or running the fan will allow for more airflow and rid your home of any VOCs.
- Consider an air purifier. If you want the cleanest air possible, an air purifier is the best way to go. This can recycle your air and keep it clean for everyone to enjoy.
- Clean more frequently. Instead of dusting and vacuuming every once in a while, we recommend doing it every two weeks.
- Use low or non-VOC paints. One effortless way to reduce the number of VOCs in your home is to use low or non-VOC paint.
Contact Alba Painting LLC to have your home painted with low or non-VOC paint!
If you are interested in using a low or non-VOC paint option, contact Alba Painting LLC. We can provide your home with the colors you want and keep the VOC levels low while doing so.
Most homeowners do not realize that tricky tasks such as drywall repair, painting, and wallpaper removal require a trained professional. When you are pursuing a new project for your home, you must choose a licensed and skilled professional painter. This is the best option for you, but if you aren’t able to find an experienced painter, Alba is providing these tips to help your next project.
Don’t Settle for Low-Quality Materials
Saving money on a cheaper paint product is a bad decidion, cheap paints may require multiple extra coats and may not look as good or last as long as the higher quality paint options. When it comes to painting, always go big and choose the best paint for your home, they last longer and will provide a much better look for the interior or exterior of your home.
Mixing things up can add some serious style to your home. There are many different paint textures, designs, and colors that you can use, and using those different techniques can make your home very unique. Alba Painting LLC recommends that before you try these different designs and textures, you do the research and learn how to properly use them. If these techniques are learned properly, your home can stand out and be beautiful.
Set Aside Enough Time to Complete your Project.
Do not underestimate how long your painting project will take. If you’re doing a drastic color change, it may require multiple coats of paint. The average room usually takes around 8 hours to paint, larger living rooms can take 10-12 hours, and small bathrooms or mudrooms can take around 4-6 hours.
Hire a Painting Professional
Although painting projects are an extremely fun way to express creativity, they can be long-lasting and difficult to complete. The best advice we as professionals can give you is to forget the hassle and contact a professional for an easy and professional paint job.